Ipe Hardwood Flooring and Decking, Facade & cladding, Brazilian Walnut
Ipe Specie Technical Specifications - Eurotex specializes in Exotic Hardwood Flooring and Decking, Facade & cladding, Prefinished Solid Flooring, Unfinished Solid Flooring and Engineered Flooring, and Imported Plywood and Panels.
Description: Ipe is an incredibly durable wood. Its dense cell structure serves as a natural deterrent to insects, decay, and molds. Because of this natural resilience Ipe is often the first choice for Decking, Facade & cladding because of its almost unparalleled ability to stand up to the elements. More than just durable, Ipe is also very pleasing to the eye. Its heartwood is light to dark olive brown with contrasting yellowish-grey or grey brown tones accompanying it. With a Class A fire rating, Ipe occupies the same class of fire-retardant materials as steel. For durability, safety, and beauty, Ipe makes an excellent choice.
ENVIRONMENTALLY SUSTAINABLE, IBAMA / FSC
Eurotex Ipe is the finest Decking, Facade & cladding material available. Our products are certified under IBAMA or FSC green environmental guidelines for sustainability. For low-maintanence, durability, and incredible beauty, choose a high quality natural material, and avoid the shortcomings of composite and softwood Decking, Facade & cladding. We also carry a full line of unfinished and prefinished flooring in Ipe hardwood.
Ipe Scientific Properties and Technical Specifications
- Janka Hardness: 3,680 pounds
- Strength (MOR): 25,400 psi
- Stiffness (MOE): 3,140 1000 psi
- Density (KG/m3): 1,050
- Color: Ipe heartwood contains shades of black and greenish-brown with some striping. The sapwood can be white or yellow toned.
- Photosensitivity: Ipe's coloration is not greatly affected by light exposure.
- Tangential Shrinkage: 8.0 %
- Radial Shrinkage: 6.6 %
- Family: Bignoniaceae
- Tree Characteristics: The Ipe Tree can grow to 140 to 150 feet heigh while the diameter of its trunk can measure up to 6 feet. The average height and diameter for the Ipe tree is 100 feet and 2 to 3 feet, respectively.
Ipe can be found in some of the Lesser Antilles and throughout continental tropical America. The tree can typically be found in marsh forests or ridge tops and riverbanks.
- Texture: Fine to medium
- Grain: Straight to very irregular
- Luster: Low to medium
- Durability Rating: Highly resistant to fungus and termites.
- Drying Characteristics: Air dries rapidly, exhibiting only minor warping and checking.
- Working Characteristics: Ipe is rated as moderately difficult to work with, as it blunts cutting edges. It finishes smoothly with the exception of roey portions in the wood.
Railroad crossties, heavy construction, decorative veneers, tool handles, turnery, industrial flooring, flooring, decking, furniture.
Cumaru Hardwood Flooring and Decking, Facade & cladding
Cumaru Specie Technical Specifications - Eurotex specializes in Exotic Hardwood Flooring and Decking, Facade & cladding, Prefinished Solid Flooring, Unfinished Solid Flooring and Engineered Flooring, and Imported Plywood and Panels.
Description: Cumaru, commonly called Brazilian Chestnut, is a tough and dense wood imported from Brazil that has an irregular, somewhat interlocked grain and wavy, course texture. Because of its density, it is very resistant to termites and decay. Cumaru's heartwood is a medium brown with distinctive tan shades that compliment one another in with tonal warmth to create a relaxing feeling that's great to come Home to.
More Info: We specialize in both unfinished hardwood floors and prefinished flooring. Available width are 3", 4" and 5". Please see our product catalog for more information.
Other Names: Dipterix odorata, Southern Chestnut, Brazilian Teak
Cumaru Scientific Properties and Technical Specifications
- Janka Hardness: 3,200 pounds, Strength (MOR): 24,800 psi, Stiffness (MOE): 3,050 1000 psi, Density (KG/m3): 1,080
- Color: Reddish-brown or purplish-brown when fresh, shifting to light-brown to yellowish-brown upon exposure. Sapwood is yellowish-brown.
- Photosensitivity: Cumaru will become more uniform in color upon exposure to light.
- Tangential Shrinkage: 8.4 %, Radial Shrinkage: 5.4 %
- Family: Leguminosae
- Tree Characteristics: The Cumaru tree can reach 160 feet in height with trunk diameters up just over 3 feet.
- Geographic Area: Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, The Guianas.
- Texture: Fine, Grain: Interlocked, Luster: Low to medium
- Durability Rating: Rated as very durable, resistant to brown and white-rot fungi, and has exemplary weathering characteristics.
- Drying Characteristics: Rated as easy to air season, can sometimes check and warp, uniformly rapid drying.
- Working Characteristics: Rated as difficult to saw or bore. Poor for gluing due to high density and oily nature.
Cogs, flooring, Decking, Facade & cladding, turnery, bearings, tool handles, railroad crossties, heavy construction. Decking, Facade & cladding.
Rothoblaas Hidden Fastener System
The Rothoblass hidden fastener helps lengthen the durability of your deck while providing for very pleasant appearance. Its overall height of 8 mm favours microventilation between the boards and the substructure’s joists, while the use of hidden screws for fastening preserves the boards’ surface.
Rothoblass fasteners are available in stainless steel.
Such a variety provides for versatile uses, even in the case of decks having complex shapes. Rothoblass fasteners ensure rapid and accurate assembly thanks to the assembly stop and allows for easy replacement of any single damaged board.
The fixation is a revolutionary system enabling the installation of planks without any apparent screw.
Advantages of Fixation:
- Greater top wood deck durability thanks to micro-ventilation under boards
- Excellent board stability thanks to the fastener’s very high mechanical strength
- Quickly assembled thanks to the assembly stop
- Slotted holes allowing for wood movement (swelling and shrinking)
- Allows for assembly on inclined subframe (subframe board angle up to 45°)
- Allows to replace individual boards Reduction of fastener visibility by using the black version.
- No compression of subframe thanks to the larger bearing surface
- Enables invisible fixation to the support.
- Eliminates the stage of pre-drilling and countersinking.
- Composite Material with high mechanical strength, guaranteeing a high quality system.
- Flexibility in compression and/or expansion, allowing re-positioning after stress unlike steel.
- Allows the strips to be isolated from the support.
- Provides a guarantee of long lasting durability.
- Shortens the installation time.
- Allows even jointing between strips.
- Ensures free circulation of air.
- Reinforces the general aspect thanks to wooden frame fixed with non visible screws.
- Allows a vertical installation.
- Possibility of removing and replacing planks.